Already bored on summer break?
Join us at Shuffles for Board Game Camp! We will be playing and learning about board games in a fun and friendly environment! We are hosting a one-week day camp that will engage children and teens in the hobby of board gaming. Not only will we be having fun, but it will be a chance to socialize while working on important skills such as: critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, leadership, time management, and conflict resolution. Our camp counselors all have background checks and work in the public school system in and around Tulsa.
Every day we will have icebreaker warm ups, group and team games, and free play time. During the week we will have an excursion to Guthrie Green to play some unique lawn games (weather permitting). We will have a game tournament on the final day with some small prizes. Each camper will receive a Shuffles Game Camp Tee Shirt and free game to take home. We will serve all campers a bagged lunch Monday - Friday.
The price for this all-inclusive camp is only $250 per camper.
- Campers must treat other campers, counselors, and all summer camp staff with RESPECT.
- Campers must listen to and follow directions given to them by all counselors and staff. Counselors and staff give directions to keep children at camp happy and safe. Undermining authority will not be tolerated.
- Campers must keep hands, feet and other objects to oneself.
- Campers shall not intentionally cause or attempt to cause physical or emotional harm to another camper or camp employee.
- Campers shall not possess a weapon or object which might be considered a weapon, nor will any illegal substances brought to camp be tolerated.
- Campers must never touch another camper’s personal belongings.
- Campers must treat summer camp equipment, supplies, and facilities properly and with care.
- Campers must not take or touch anything belonging to a staff member or recreation department without prior permission.
- Campers shall refrain from rude language and conduct.
- Campers must follow all playground rules and guidelines.
Camp Attendance/Make up policy:
- Camp Tuition must be paid in full by the first day of camp in order to attend camp.
- If camper is ill or must otherwise miss camp, please call 918-728-7252 ASAP to notify camp counselors.
- If camper misses 2 or more days of camp due to an excused absence, camper may make up missed days during another week of camp, pending available space.
- Absences due to extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Camper fees are non-refundable if a camper is sent home for disciplinary reasons. Campers sent home for disciplinary reasons will not be allowed to make up missed days.
When a camper does not follow the behavior guidelines, we will take the following action steps as behavior problems progress.
- Staff will redirect the camper to more appropriate behavior.
- If inappropriate behavior continues, the camper will be reminded of behavior guidelines and camp rules, and the camper will be asked to decide on action steps to correct his/her behavior, such as time out, etc.
- If a child’s behavior still does not meet expectations and is affecting the experience of other campers, we will call the parent or guardian.
- If inappropriate behavior continues, as a final action step the camper may be dismissed from camp.
Examples of unacceptable behavior:
- Refusing to follow behavior guidelines or camp rules
- Using profanity, vulgarity or obscenity
- Stealing or damaging property (personal or camp property)
- Refusal to participate in activities or cooperate with staff
- Disrupting a program
- Leaving a program without permission
- Endangering the health and safety of children and/or staff
- Use of illicit drugs, alcohol or tobacco or sexual conduct of any kind
- Teasing, making fun or bullying of other campers or staff
- Fighting of any kind